Sunday, August 9, 2009

Menu Plan 8/8-8/14

So do I still get to call it Menu Plan Monday if I never seem to start it on Monday?  This week I decided to see if having a theme for each day made it any easier to plan.  I'm very envious of people who say "oh yeah, I just spend 30 minutes one day doing menu planning".  Just like grocery shopping, I'm a slow menu planner. 
The recipe calls for shrimp (which we've used before), but I think it would be great on chicken.  I think I'll probably serve the couscous as a cold salad. 
I got this recipe from the Happy Housewife's menu plan from last week.

I'm planning to buy a 3 pack of romaine hearts that I'll use for the salad on Sunday, this, the Caeasar salad tomorrow, and then hopefully it'll last til the BLT's.  I'll toss the lettuce in with some refried beans, tortilla chips, salsa, avocados, and a touch of ranch dressing.  The kids may just eat theirs as soft tacos, you never can tell with them.   

This is my standard "spaghetti sauce" -- ground beef with onions, celery, carrots, and tomato sauce.  I've got a little bread leftover from last week's menus that I think would make great croutons for the salad. 

I got this recipe from the Happy Housewife's menu plan too.  I'll round it out with fresh pineapple chunks (always popular with the kids) and fresh sliced tomatoes topped with a little salad dressing.

  • Sandwich Thursday: BLT Sandwiches w/ Pesto Mayo & Broccoli Salad
If there are any avocados leftover from Monday, these may become BLAT sandwiches.  I'll serve them in fresh bread.  The Broccoli Salad is the classic with bacon, raisins, sunflower seeds, and a mayo based dressing.

I'm thinking topping the pizzas with some chicken apple sausage we have in the freezer, bell peppers, and onions.  The kids will probably have theirs with tomato sauce & pepperoni. 

Instead of posting as I go, I'm trying to post all the recipes/links at the beginning of the week. 

Want more? Previous Food Stuffs menu plans or check out orgjunkie.com for more menus.

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin