Chocolate Cake (Wacky Cake) (make 8" square/round or ~10 cupcakes)
1 1/2 c AP flour
3 T cocoa powder
1 t baking powder
1 c sugar
5 T oil
1 T white vinegar
1 t vanilla
1 c cold water
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Sift all the dry ingredient (including sugar) directly into your baking dish (or a bowl). Mix them together thoroughly.
- Make 3 wells in the dry mixture. Add the oil to one, the vinegar to another, and the vanilla to the third.
- Pour the cup of water over the top.
- Mix well to remove all lumps.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until pick inseted in center comes out clean.
- VERY IMPOTANT! Allow the cake to cool thoroughly before attempting to remove it from the pan.
- You can then frost it, but my personal favorite topping for this cake is sliced strawberries dusted with powdered sugar. Allow the cake to sit for awhile to let the strawberry juices soak down into the top of the cake.