Monday, July 13, 2009

Recipe notes and reviews

Did the Fritatta tonight -- not bad. I followed a suggestion to not bother trying to flip it and to just finish it in the oven (I used the broiler for about 3 minutes). Next time I'll make the initial stove time closer to 3 minutes too. It was a little overdone on the bottom.

I made the Tuscan Beans yesterday. I put the beans in the crockpot on high before we went to church. 5 hours was too long for canned bean texture. So it's not a very pretty salad, but it makes a great pita filling. Next time however I will not use the fresh sage...didn't care at all for the flavor it brought to the party. Also I added another couple tablespoons of olive oil and apple cider vinegar and more salt.

The chicken and dumplings on Saturday turned out reasonbly well. I liked the dumplings -- actually quite easy to make. I halved the recipe and still only used half of that. The chicken/broth/soup part wasn't any great shakes for the amount of time involved, so next time I'll probably roast the chicken in the oven (or use leftovers) and some homemade stock with the veggies for a much faster alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin