In the meantime, we'll be having the Cuban Sandwiches & sweet potato fries tomorrow....so in honor of that:
Sweet Potato Fries
2-3 large sweet potatoes, cleaned & peeled
several T olive oil
seasoning of your choice
- Preheat oven to 450
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil & lightly grease with olive/canola oil
- Prep your sweet potatoes. You can cut them by hand (or make wedges if you prefer) or use a french fry cutter.
- Microwave them in a large microwave safe bowl/dish for 6-8 min (depending on how powerful your micro is).
- Arrange them neatly on the prepared baking sheet and use a pastry brush to liberally brush them with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with your choice of seasoning. Sometimes we'll do cinnamon-sugar or I'm partial to Tony Cachere's for a more savory dish.
- Alternately you could toss the fries, oil, and seasoning in a plastic bag.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 min. Depending on how thick they are & how crispy you like them you might need a few extra minutes.